Landlords Gas Safety Checks

What are my duties as a landlord in relation to gas safety?

'In relation to domestic gas under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 (GS(IU)R 98), a landlord is anyone who rents out a property that they own under a lease that is shorter than 7 years or under a licence . Regardless of whether you are a landlord under GS(IU)R 98 you may be considered a landlord under other related legislation'

'You have duties under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 to arrange maintenance by a Gas Safe Registered engineer for all pipework, appliances and flues, which you own and have provided for your tenants use. You must also arrange for an annual gas safety check to be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. You must keep a record of the safety check for 2 years and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in'

As fully gas safe registered engineers we are able to carry out a gas safety inspection on domestic appliances and pipework of all kinds.

We take up most pride in all of our work and offer a hassle free, fast and most importantly, quality service. We can take the hassle out of arranging your own inspections. We can arrange access via yourself or your tenant at a time and date of convenience. Our engineer will turn up on time, dressed in fully branded Dorrington Plumbing and Heating uniform and carry out the inspection. This can then be signed for on site and a copy given there and then, or e-mailed to yourself.

We like to think that we offer a unparralled service while continuing to be great value for money, a basic Safety Certificate for a Boiler and Hob starting at just £60 +VAT


Image 01 Image 02 Image 03 Image 04 Image 05 Image 06